You are missing a news on our portal? Send us your article! Click!
- Created on Wednesday, 18 December 2013 17:29
Feel free to check it out and give feedback on it in the thread linked below or just tell us what you think about it, while watching the numerous streams and videos.
Regardless of the details and subjective problems (like ammount of loot or zombies, fps issues or minor bugs), here is a brief checklist of what can be found and what is to come:
New Ingame mechanisms and player models, New engine and graphics, New map areas and redesigns, New Zombie models and behaviour, New inventory system and loot items, New health system and nutrition (all the above are existent in a rough shape giving an idea what might follow in later patches and updates);
Cars, bikes and all the fun stuff, New Weapon packs and addons, Basebuilding and endgame content, VAC and other security mechanisms are yet in a production or planning state.
This is just a brief glance for all that have been waiting for it, to all the newcomers and hype-buyers: welcome to DayZ, the open-world, sandbox, zombie survival game with tons of features (both good and very evil)... And it got a trailer as well!!!
Just a quick note on the side:
A year ago, the DayZmod brought about the initial spark to the consequent developments, now is the time to become a part of the further development and stress testing of a unique game, that looks for rival competition: the DayZ Standalone (take it as what it is, a raw diamond, just discovered and washed, that still needs to be shaped and beautified, dont waste your time comparing it to the mod itself ;))
- Created on Monday, 21 October 2013 22:47
We're happy to announce, that our gameservers will be back on Friday the 25th of October at around 20:00.
The difficult tasks are already finished. In the next days we will run extensive tests and finalize the server informations on the website and the forum structure in a way to get you the well known myDayZ quality in all its aspects. So we can provide the complete myDayZ package for you starting next Friday.
The following DayZ Server will be back online on 25.10.2013:
- 100% vanilla DayZ 220.127.116.11
- Veteran Difficulty (Third-Person: ON, Crosshair: ON, Death Messages: ON)
- 100% vanilla DayZ 18.104.22.168
- Mercenary Difficulty (Third-Person: OFF, Crosshair: OFF, Death Messages: OFF)
More details like IP-Adresses etc will follow in the next few days on the server summary page.
We hope you're able to storm the beaches of Chernarus with your friends with the relaunch date on this Friday. If the servers are flooded we have some backup plans to attach additional servers to the hive, like in the old days with the known ghosting protection.
Players who are not Whitelisted already can start an introduction thread in the forums to be ready to play on Friday, after verifying your GUID with the gameservers. All information regarding the whitelisting procedure can be found here.
All players that are already whitelisted do not have to be verified again.
We hope you enjoy your stay on the myDayZ Community Hive.
- Created on Monday, 27 May 2013 01:21
- Created on Friday, 26 April 2013 13:45
Enjoy with care, it is almost 90 minutes of footage. For everyone that has taken notes on the presentation before, enjoy the very last sessions recorded in the hallways of the Boston Convention Center, a much more personal Q&A session with Dean "Rocket" Hall. And for all longing for more input on the ongoing DayZ Standalone developments, here are some new screens presented by Matt Lightfoot today in the dayzmod.com-forums...
See ya out there!!!
- Created on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 19:26
Dean "Rocket" Hall during his Puja ceremony in the base camp at Mt. Everest
Apart from the programming section which is currently involved in optimizing the MMO architecture as well as the steamworks integration and numerous bugfixes, Hall pays due respect to all the artists involved and of course the assistant project lead Matt Lightfoot for doing a great job as usual while he himself has the chance to make a lifetime dream come true.
The newly developed radio system is making great progress and the first tests are running in a Multiplayer play at the moment. The communication tools – audio as well as text messages - are working both as silent listening devices and as public senders/receivers depending on whether or not the user has crafted an adequate headset for his device.
The animation section is working a big deal on implementing the new zombie skeletons to the appropriate movements and animations as well as creating new mechanisms for newly created animals and the melee system, but also for the human players themselves. After all they are supposed to feel “more like a civilian rather than the trained soldiers of ArmA2”.
Besides the work being done on zombie pathfinding inside buildings, the internal artists are putting lots of efforts into the post-apocalyptic atmosphere of the Standalone, bringing about new decals and textures for roads, making them look even more damaged and decayed as before. Big steps are being made also regarding the implementing new character models as well as newly created weapons and items: the M4A1 is now ready to be used in the frame of the crafting and attachment system, while the first steps are being made to create Gas Masks, Pilot Helmets, pen and paper, a can opener and a Mauser Rifle.
Regarding the tremendous input and interest in writing amongst the community members, Hall outlines the plans, to spread all kinds of literary works across the map (like in Fallout3 for instance) where copyright expired books and fictional tales of users and concurrent survivors mix up. However, he notes, the community written books need to pass through some kind of editorial process and until now there is no set timeframe or schedule yet, so people that want to see their work amongst “hundreds of thousands” of books, need to stay patient.
As far as the revised map is concerned seven towns have been remade so far and work has started with new additional satellite data to improve the details of the basic Chernarussian map which is used by the survivors for orientation. New screenshots of the progress made, some new areas and buildings will be revealed in the next devblog, which will hit the forums soon, hopefully.
And to all the critics out there, that say: “Publish it now!”, I have one question: How would you feel running around on a halfway done map with only an AK-47 ready to use, missing out on everything, the game really has to offer… Patience does not cost you anything and “Rocket” and his team will make sure it is worth it.
- Created on Thursday, 11 April 2013 16:10
While Dean Hall sets foot onto the top of the world – climbing Everest for the upcoming weeks – Matt Lightfoot holds the scepter of the ongoing SA developments. And as Rocket did before, he frequently gathers up some info on what is going on to keep the community and eager gamers updated, in the meantime. Of course yesterday’s brief devblog entry lacks the colorful descriptions and emotional excursions people are used from the project lead, but nonetheless the short enumeration presented, serves its purpose: to show that everyone is making progress and that work is not postponed until Dean is back from the other side of the globe.
Here is yet another short interview of Rocket with mmorpg.com on the new inventory system
Of course everyone can imagine, that the artists’ scrapbooks are packed with ideas and roughdrafts and time is scarce to finish what has to get done in order to present a fully functional DayZ Standalone in summer with all its basic features to be built upon consequently.
At the moment, the group of external artists focuses on new models of weapons to be implemented, additional clothing and some daily life items which can be found in the new loot tables. The inhouse crew is improving on the zombie movements inside buildings after the general mechanics for the AI in the open fields is considered almost finished.
Lots of programming is yet to be done on essential ingame features such as the effects of the craftable radios and VOIP – slightly inspired by Space Station 13 using an overhauled, simplified model of ACRE – as well as the MMO architecture and several bug fixes which could be identified in the first trial periods.
As far as animations and the revision of Chernarussia map are concerned, the To-Do-lists are long enough to fill up the upcoming weeks bringing about new sets of ingame features, movements and of course new cities and regions with thrilling layouts and buildings. Since the DayZ SA is supposed to work without any information on the User Interface mainly everything has to be expressed by post-processing or other effects, such as cold, tiredness and a low blood level to only name a few.
With most of the important foundations established, the crew – external and internal – is now focusing on artful details as well as new features and items which are using the same mechanisms as the first samples, therefore the work being done can be seen as the first set of additions to the basic standalone features enriching the upcoming alpha version while the MMO architecture, which does not necessarily affect them, is improved by the other team members.
Let us all hope that Rocket does not bring back too much inspirations of his journey, which could possible end in a transformation of the North West Airfield into a mountain three times the size of the Misty Peak and everyone would start asking for white ghillies and thick jackets like on Namalsk… but I suppose Dean would find a solution for this as well.
- Created on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 17:01
In the forums of dayzmod.com a brief summary of Matt and Dean's presentation at the PAX EAST in Boston was published today: for all of you that like to read detailed transcripts and get entertained by some motion pictures on the side, here is the Link. For the rest, we will prepare a much shorter version of the happening and the facts revealed in the upcoming hours.
Basically touched and discussed in the presentation as well as the consequent Q&A Session were the new inventory system, basic game mechanisms, new areas of the revised Chernarussia-Map as well as some ingame features and changes from the Mod.
Enjoy and stay tuned!
- Created on Saturday, 23 March 2013 14:12
This weekend, Dean “Rocket” Hall and Matt Lightfoot join in the panel discussions at PAX EAST in Boston, MA in order to get yet another public contact to the gaming community discussing the first achievements realized and the path to be taken in the near future. Here is the link to an exclusive interview with Dean Hall at the convention another article will follow if there are any important new facts revealed at the convention itself. Thank you to all the people who added to this article.
With most aspects and game elements evolving rapidly and the closed alpha running with around 25 testers, Hall seems confident to opt for a release of a widespread alpha of the DayZ Standalone around June this year. Until then, all efforts will be taken to optimize the new client-server architecture and to develop the new areas of the revised Chernarus map. After the first impressions of the newly modeled rural areas around Cherno, Hall is anxious to show the results of the developments in other regions as soon as possible, i.e. the revised northern parts of the map, new villages and industrial compounds as well as other “large scale features added to the map”.
The new inventory system supposedly makes its way into the next video devblog as well, introducing the first crafting features, interchangeable clothing, weapon customization and other essential elements. With this yet another big secret of the recent developments will be uncovered and proudly presented to the public. Hall adds, that the innovative crafting elements are in fact far from traditional systems of that kind and “encourage the players to explore the ways in which items can be crafted”.
At the moment, the results of the motion capture session are implemented to the AI characters, but the newly created Zombies themselves bring heaps of improvements to the realism of the gameplay as well as to performance issues. With the AI spawning directly on the server itself with each restart, there will be no more Zombies popping in and out of the world, but rather hordes of undead populating the map, migrating from one spot to the other even traversing large open areas. Initial tests with 4000 Zombies spawning at once reduced the server FPS to 4, an issue that was subject to another performance optimization by Hall and his team, consequently bringing the server FPS back to 21 and hopefully beyond 30 in the near future. However the server-sided spawn of the undead already brought about increased security and hack prevention mechanisms due to the disabling of the functionality at the client level, another positive side effect.
The remodeled health system will also be subject to another detailed devblog report in the very near future due to its complexity and the overarching effects on the players’ longterm plan for survival, the nutrition system as well as RPG elements such as the medical specialists.
With all the achievements of the last months, the DayZ Standalone is basically ready for an alpha run now, but Hall and his team are overall committed to making this a great game in all aspects. Once the basic MMO architecture is finalized and tested successfully, there will no further hesitations and alpha keys will go live in order to start the large scale capacity tests. “We want to release the keys in chunks of what we have servers available,” Hall says pointing out that there will in no way be a public release before the month of June 2013.
- Created on Saturday, 09 March 2013 21:32
Yesterday’s devblog post sees a roughly 20-minute long ingame video presenting both the design and game mechanical developments achieved by the programmers and the first experiences made by tester in this case members of the reddit-forum and moderators of the dayzmod.com-community. Even with the new zombie animations still being finalized and therefore missing in both videos, the footage gives quite a good insight into the future DayZ including lootspawns, player and AI movements, a quick glance on the new town north of Cherno as well as the clothing – except for the people that ran around in panties only wearing helmets ;).
The second part of the devblog post focusses on the new ingame mechanics regarding the basic intelligence and the movements of the AI characters – the zombies. Using colorful arrows and a past-future distinction the footage brings to life the DayZ SA zombies in their roughest form in order to give you an idea how the future gameplay may be affected by the newly created mechanics.
- Created on Monday, 25 February 2013 19:08
* [NEW] - Added a 2 minute delay to new zeds spawning once MaxLocal zeds fall's below the acceptable level.
* [NEW] - Added new sfx for chopping wood.
* [NEW] - Started Update for Cherno intro. (map intro)
* [NEW] - Zed attraction, this will draw zeds to loiter closer to players over time.
* [NEW] - BAF_L85A2_RIS_SUSAT - (Heilcrash - HeliCrash_No50s)
* [NEW] - Crossbow Quiver added - 6 arrow mag size.
* [NEW] - WoodenArrow added 6 arrows can be turned into a quiver.
* [NEW] - WoodenArrow can be picked up after use.
* [NEW] - 20% of breaking WoodenArrow when firing it.
* [NEW] - Crowbar now attaches to toolbelt.
* [NEW] - Added Anti teleport script. Reported to server's RPT log
* [NEW] - New models by JoeysLucky22 (may be removed due to critics of some community members, so dont be sad if you have to stick to pepsi etc):
- (Soda) Long's Island Iced Tea (Clayton)
- (Soda) Dr. Wasteland (Dr. wasteland)
- (Soda) Mikhail Made Lemonade (-=PA=-Mikhail)
- (Soda) LVG Root Beer (LVG)
- (Soda) Mountain Green
- (Soda) mZLY yZLY (mZLY)
- (Soda) R4Z0R soda (R4Z0R)
- (Soda) Smasht (Smasht)
- (Beer) Rabbitman (Rabbitman)
- (Can) Bad Guy's Ubiquitous Peaches (UbiquitousBadGuy)
- (Can) Chef Boneboy Ravioli (Boneboys)
- (Can) Curgon's Chicken Noodle Soup (Curgon)
- (Can) Demon Groves Green Beans (DemonGroover)
- (Can) FraggleOs (Fraggle)
- (Can) Griff Black Beans (Griff)
- (Can) Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins (DerpyHooves)
- (Can) Orlok Mixed Fruit (orlok)
- (Can) Powell's New England Clam Chowder (Powell)
- (Can) Unlabeled Can
- (Can) Tyler's Kidney Beans
- (Can) Conrad's Whole Kernel Corn)
* [NEW] - New models by Elvaron:
- New melee weapon: Machete - (Farm - Hunting)
- New Food: Pack of pistachios
- New Food: Pack of trail mix
- New Food: MRE military rations (Military Loot)
- New junk loot
- Model for Compass instead of green pouch in loot pile
- 2rnd shells for pellet and slugshot shotgun ammunition (no more 8 bullets shown on ground when it's actually 2 bullets)
- New models and textures for FoodBaconRaw and FoodBaconCooked.
- Model and textures for Quiver.
* [UPDATED] - BoltsSteel replaced with WoodenArrows.
* [UPDATED] - BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo Removed from crash site's added to Military tables
* [UPDATED] - loot weighted array generation fixed.
* [UPDATED] - Updated logout system to check radius of zeds from 50 meters to 35 meters (30 sec count)
* [UPDATED] - Player range on logout to 6 meters. (30 Sec count)
* [UPDATED] - Max Range of targets 120 meters down from 300 meters. (this should help long range agro, This is zeds max target range).
* [UPDATED] - AI behavior updated to try making them zigzag less.
* [UPDATED] - Added push bikes to the zeds pull from vehilce list.
* [UPDATED] - Epeen key moved to Custom Controls - Use action key 20 (No default key needs setting up)
* [UPDATED] - Zeds Targets array modified
* [UPDATED] - Weapon fire sounds divided by 2 (This will help us settle zeds hearing a little more) (107_DZ Zed pull range 450 meters / 2 = 225 meters (capped 120 meters aboue for now))
* [UPDATED] - Max local zeds per client now fixed at 40 zeds, Global at 40 +10 foreach player within 400 meters and total 500 zeds max.
* [UPDATED] - Added some Czech language
* [UPDATED] - Updated zed attraction to dead players from 50 meters to 20 meters.
* [UPDATED] - Players will now drop empty cans after consumption to nearest lootpile or creates new one.
* [UPDATED] - Updated Infection to cough, shake camera and loose blood.
* [UPDATED] - Updated russian string tables.
* [UPDATED] - Backpack Spawns should now see higher grade backpacks more.
* [UPDATED] - Deer stands has it's own loot table (Hunting).
* [UPDATED] - Reduced Zed Running Speed.
* [FIXED] - Zeds talk, lowed to 80 meters down from 200 meters this will stop any zeds targeting for sight/noise outside of this radius
* [FIXED] - CookedBeef StringTables now added.
* [FIXED] - Spanish, French StringTables updated.
* [FIXED] - logout timers updated from sleep 3 to sleep 1 this should now fix long logout timers.
* [FIXED] - Zeds should no longer walk though all objects. (Some objects can still be walked thought)
* [FIXED] - Updated refuel to attract zeds. (3-6 Meters)
* [FIXED] - EH's updated to work with bettleye filters.
* [FIXED] - Ammo counts now fixed on dc.
* [FIXED] - Zeds will no longer magically hit players just becuase there within 3 meters. ( Zeds can no longer dmg without running the attack animations. (running into zeds will no longer dmg the player))
* [FIXED] - Fixed some base class's for vehicles reporting issues with crew
* [FIXED] - You can now logout with a broke leg.
* [FIXED] - Temperature icon should not disappear anymore.
* [FIXED] - Humanity should now work increase again.
* [FIXED] - Chemlights and flares now work again.
* [FIXED] - time is now set on startup.
* [FIXED] - Hatchet and crowbar don't require reload anymore.
* [FIXED] - Hatchet and crowbar no longer overwrite each other.
* [FIXED] - Exploit when converting Mags into other mags (Example - DMR to M24 then back)
* [FIXED] - Blood particles not shown for player.
* [FIXED] - Hide body animation not shown for player.
* [Fixed] - No longer possible to combat roll with broken leg
* [Fixed] - Added 4 sec delay to multiple rolls.
* [Fixed] - No longer possible to combat roll over player created objects (tents, sandbags so on)
* [Fixed] - No longer combat roll in buildings.
* [REMOVED] - Chase combat logging systems removed. (Removed due to ealry warning of agro)
* [REMOVED] - Debriefing window has started to be cleaned up. (blank box on dc)
* [REMOVED] - BearTrap Due to issues with the trap still staying active after removal.
* [REMOVED] - DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1 Due to us no longer planing to remove backpacks from new spawns.
* [REMOVED] - All chance based systems for sight and sound from zeds they will now only agro if in view or your making noise. Should allow more freedom to move.
Zombies attacking tho objects.
- Created on Monday, 25 February 2013 18:31
With the initial closed tests of the basic DayZ SA architecture advancing rapidly, the last weeks have been quite an emotional journey for Dean “Rocket” Hall and his team. After an inspiring wildlife hiking tour around a Czech lake area, both a chance to find new creative input and an occasion to celebrate Ivan’s return to the team, “Rocket” and some of the lead animators of the project gathered in a BI studio in order to capture the basic motion signatures of the DayZ zombies, last week.
The project itself has grown tremendously “both in scale and scope as well as with personnel”, Dean reports. The involvement of local and external people, the latter mostly part of the global DayZ community, brings new hope that the team will be able to really push the game to its limits, he adds.
The internal closed testing of what has been done so far, has brought about numerous fixes of severe issues and game crashes already and the large-scale testing is about to be initiated consequently. With a stable enough build, the working servers will make their way from 50 to 150 people and beyond in order to obtain facts and figures of what are the limits of the newly developed server-client MMO model.
new female models
The recent design efforts have paid off with a lot of new models and customization features also inspired by the DayZ community. Instead of preparing multiple start characters, the idea of shaping and changing your character throughout the game remains key to “Rocket” and the dev team up until the intial release. Now that the basic inventory system is created and functioning well, its main programmer Jirka aims for working on the crafting features of the game.
New areas and redesigns of the Chernarus map have been shapen, items, weapons and buildings were created and if you want to experience, the real joy and pain of programming: here is the video footage of the motion capture session at BI.